HOW WE WORK
Attract – Our award-winning Marketing team use a range of bespoke, targeted attraction campaigns to reach the highest potential people from a diverse range of backgrounds. These include paid digital campaigns, with clients, internal retraining programs, and CSR partnerships. Find out more here.
Assess – We assess applicants through a competency-based process and select candidates based on their mindset and capability rather than education or experience. This includes:
This allows us to assess key skills like intellectual horsepower, logic, pattern-finding, learning on the fly, perseverance and problem solving which are all necessary to thrive during tech training and employment.
Train – Training is delivered by our in-house team of expert instructors over a full-time 12-week period. All curriculum has been written by _nology based on the feedback our client partners provide about what skills they need. This is hands-on, in-demand, modern training in Software Development and Cloud Engineering, including:
- A 3-month, full-time tech training accelerator
- Practical project delivery from day 1
- Hands-on coding
- Daily stand-ups to review any issues
- Ongoing quality assessments, including technical coding, presentations, group projects, and interviews
View our Software Engineering curriculum here and our Cloud Engineering curriculum here.
Support – During training, the Talent Team conduct biweekly 1-2-1s. _nologists then join our clients for their full-time 18-month placements as well-rounded technical team members ready to hit the ground running. Our _nology Talent Team is on-hand to assist _nologists during their training and placement to help them grow technically and professionally, relieving reliance on line managers whilst on site, including:
- _nologist check-ins at weeks 1 and 2, and monthly thereafter
- _nologist reviews take place at the end of weeks 1 and 2, and monthly thereafter
- Client reviews are conducted at 1 month and quarterly thereafter
- Pay rises every 6 months
- Technical support from our instructors
- Ongoing training and support for _nologists includes Pluralsight subscriptions and funded certifications, including our official partnership with Google’s Career Certificate Program.
After a successful 18-month placement, there’s the option for the _nologists to turn into permanent employees.